Sunday, April 24, 2022

Entry #10: The perfect getaway

 Hey there and welcome back! 

Just the other week I decided to take a short vacation because things were starting to stress me out at school and work. I thought it would be perfect to head to the beach for a little getaway and take my dog Zero with me because he deserved one too! 

The drive over was horrendous! Not because it took six hours to get there but because my pup would not sit down for longer than 10 minutes making things a little difficult. I could not wait to be in Sandiego and get out of the car to have some fun. 

When we finally got there the first stop was of course a dog park to stretch our legs and run around. Now the dog parks in California are a little different than here in Arizona so when we walked into Grape Street dog park, it came as a surprise that there were no fences to keep the dogs in. I almost had a heart attack when I let my dog off the leash to run around and my anxiety was through the roof. What's worse is that this dog park was on a mountain so one wrong step and the dogs would be lost! Needless to say, we did not stay long as I'm an overly protective dog mom not willing to let the vacation take a turn for the worst haha. 


The second day was one of the best days out of the entire vacation because guess what? We went to the dog beach! It's a beach designated for just dogs which I loved. The moment I took him off his leash he was gone with the wind. I was so happy to see him run around and splash in the ocean water. This was the first time in a long time I felt stress-free and happy. I was even happier that I got to spend it with my best friend!




On the last day of our vacation, we went to LaJolla Beach to see the sea lions up close. Sea lions are water dogs so it only made sense to introduce my land dog to sea dogs. The confusion on my pup's face was priceless! He had no idea what these animals were, why they looked so funny, or why their barks were so strange. This beach was not his favorite but we were still able to enjoy it and walk around. 


Though this was a short-lived vacation, it was one of the best and most exciting ones I have been on! The experience would not have been the same without my dog by my side to share the excitement. I only wish it could have lasted longer but we all have to get back to our lives at some point, right? Oh! Don't worry, the ride back was peaceful considering Zero had no energy left after the vacation.

If you have any pups yourself I highly recommend taking them on a trip to Sandiego, you will love it and they will love you for it! I know summer is coming up on us quickly so take this as a sign to bring your pup along for the ride! 

As always thanks for stopping by, see you in the next blog!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Entry #10: The perfect getaway

  Hey there and welcome back!  Just the other week I decided to take a short vacation because things were starting to stress me out at schoo...